Welcome to My Blog!

I write this blog in order to introduce you to things I most enjoy on the internet. In many ways this is also my daily intellectual diary. The blogs, podcasts and videos I introduce here are only of the highest quality. I've linked to them because I've learned a great deal from them or they triggered some intensive self-reflective thought.

Thursday, June 7, 2007

The Problem with the Democrats

Why can't we just get a real candidate. It just seems that the candidates running are empty suits (or in Hillary's case empty pant-suits). John Edwards is the worst in this regard. An Edwards presidency would be as bad a Bush presidency. Admittedly, Edwards is definetly smatter on the intellectual side but their is no doubt in my mind that GW is a better politician. I'm glad the Edwards candidacy is nearly overly- his numbers are plummeting and I think he is about to fall out of the big three. We've all got to keep in mind that the numbers for democrats have been horrible. The 2006 elections weren't a big democratic victory- they were pretty standard results for the 6th year of an incumbent president iraq war or not. Harken back to before John Kerry and Al Gore squared off against the idiot GW- when dems were faced with the added burden of challenging republicans that weren't as stupid and ignoran- the dems couldn't crack 50% of the vote. Think Clinton. Think Dukakis. Think Mondale. Think Carter in 80. This country is going republican. If I had to bet I would bet a republican wins 52%-48 in 2008.

No comments:

Google